Sunday, May 09, 2010

More Chicago and IUG conference stuff

So, the keynote speaker at our IUG conference was Scott Simon, journalist, Chicago resident, NPR Saturday night host, and author of at least two books...I know this because I have "Pretty Birds" autographed to Don and "Windy City" autographed to me. This photo is of Tanya and Scott just after he signed our books. Tanya actually bought her copies and ours. Don and I had taken her to an interesting version of "The Taming of the Shrew" at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater without telling her the cost, and she wouldn't let us get away with it. She thought of the perfect way to recipricate. Isn't she nice? (smile)
We asked him if he'd ever been told that he and Robert Downy Junior resemble one another..."Yes" he had. In fact he told us an amusing tale where he and the star discussed the matter. I won't repeat it here, but ask me about it. :-)

DSC_0197

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home