Monday, December 12, 2022

Part II of Denver in July (2010): The Tattered Cover Book Store

 I can't recall what parts of life so engrossed me that I stopped posting blogs, but I see I ended one in this "All about Work" category, about Denver, Colorado--way back in July of 2010, with a "stay tuned for more Denver in July".  I do hope no one was holding their breath, as it's been 12+ years since then.

I took a lot of Conference photos, since the reason I was in Denver was to attend an American Association of Law Libraries conference--and of course those include photos of the Denver Conference Center, and its big blue bear outside staring through the window; and I took a lot of architectural type photos, some street photos, some critter (dogs, birds, squirrels, horses) photos; some cafĂ© photos; and more . . . but the ones I will feature here, even though the lighting was awful, so the photos are dark and grainy, are the ones of the late "Tattered Cover Book Store" that, at the time was at 1628 16th St. Mall (Denver, CO 80202).  I say "late", because the company closed this particular branch, but the company does still exist with 7 locations around Denver, CO, and apparently three outlets at the Denver International Airport.  I can't imagine the airport locations would be especially interesting, since what I loved about this store was the way the entire store was designed, with high ceilings, lots of reading nooks, and comfortable furniture.

















For more July 2010 Denver Colorado images, click HERE.

Thanks for visiting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home